Monday, September 28, 2009

The Internet.....

The article "Is Google Making Us Stupid?" by Nicholas Carr states that the Internet has changed the way people read anything. It talks about how its causing everyone to just skim through pages instead of reading them thoroughly. The article "The Internet Is No Substitute for the Dying Newspaper Industry" by Chris Hedges state that the Internet is causing the newspaper to die. Chris says that because of some newspapers companies going out of business, many people lost their jobs.

In the article "Is Google Making Us Stupid?" there was the quote by Nicholas Carr:
"Once I was a scuba diver in the sea of words. Now I zip along the surface like a guy on a Jet Ski.".
Nicholas Carr compares scuba divers to people who read and actually get the information they need out of articles, while he compares a guy on a jet ski to people who skim through articles. I have to agree with Nicholas Carr because personally i have felt the same way, as if I've lost the ability to concentrate on any type of reading whether its for homework or just for fun. I get distracted easily because its hard to concentrate.
I disagree with Chris Hedges because some of the newspapers have their own sites on the Internet. People can just go on the Internet to read their daily news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment